Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help....... Bullying Advice Please

Guest lou73

Guest lou73

HI

Just wondering if any lovely people out there can help me. A very dear friend of mine has a ten year old son who is systematically being bullied both physically (hit, pushed, had stones thrown at him) and verbally ( called names and insults about mum) by one individual and although my friend has been into school and been very reasonable about the situation, nothing is improving.....another episode today :o I have said to ask to see the school's behaviour and bulling policy and to start complaning, asking why they are phoning her etc..... Can anyone recommend what she should do or shed light by sharing own experiences. My own personal experiences of the school have not been great.

Lou x

personally i would go to the head and tell him that you are giving him the chance to sort this out before you take it to ofsted....then stand back and see what they do! The big O word seems to work well!...if they dont listen then go to ofsted !

I approached the wife of a parent governor on the playground.... she took my phone number and he rang within hours. He was FAB, listened, took details, came to our home to meet our daughter and talk it through with her... she was 10/11 and SO reassured that someone (other than Mum and Dad) were listening and interested.

Parent governor then approached Head, and asked for an investigation, in line with school policy.

He rang back the following evening and explained what they'd discovered, what plans were in place to prevent further incidents, how it was being dealt with in school and how they were working with the bully, her family and outside agencies.... all stuff that was greatly reassuring to hear as we were beginning to think the school had their heads in the sand.

It also raised the profile of bullying with the Board of Governors who reviewed policy etc... this was then in the minutes, available to all parents. More families then came forward with issues and better ways of nipping incidents in the bud were soon in place.

Certainly worked for us, without causing friction with the school.

Hope the situation is resolved soon!

Nona

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)