Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Safeguarding Paperwork

Two of my staff recently went on a child protection workshop and have come back very alert to the slightest sign of anything untoward. My problem is where to record these tiny incidents so that if anything ever did develop we would have a record. I don't feel the child's file is the right place as I believe the parent has the right to see the child's file under the data protection act. However it's not enough to merit an incident report, just 2 separate comments from different children about something which had occurred at home.

What do others do?

I do record these little things on an incident report, which is then filed in the incident file - and monitored to look for any repeated behaviours, comments.

I think you need a record so that if anything was to occur you have got evidence of other things in the past.

Be interested to hear what others do.

MPS09

Hi

Yes we record these sort of things. Cant remember the title of the paperwork but column for date, if it was an observation, comment etc, then what it was and then who is making the entry. This is then kept ina safeguarding file and kept confidential to refer back to if necessary.

Guest mukerjee1

Hi whitetree,

We have what we call a 'snag' book easily accessible only to staff members in which we record 'minor' incidents/concerns and comments. This is reviewed on a weekly basis by a senior designated member of staff and any historical evidence and/or safeguarding or other concerns are then pursued as per our relevant policies.

It has worked well for us so far.

I do record these little things on an incident report, which is then filed in the incident file - and monitored to look for any repeated behaviours, comments.

I think you need a record so that if anything was to occur you have got evidence of other things in the past.

Be interested to hear what others do.

MPS09

We also use a incident recording method , each room has a file which is reviewed periodically to ensure there are no reacurring

events. Before the incident form is filed it's the CPO,s responsibility to sign them off to ensure no further action is required.

Hope this helps

Watoto

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)