Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Optional Units

Hello

I will starting my optional units soon is there any books to help with any of these units? Could do with the help as assesor is not much help as she has just starting doing this job, its all new to her.

Thanks Anne

Hello

I will starting my optional units soon is there any books to help with any of these units? Could do with the help as assesor is not much help as she has just starting doing this job, its all new to her.

Thanks Anne

31730[/snapback]

HEY THERE I AM IN THE SAME BOAT WE ARE STARTING OU OPTIONAL UNITS AND THEIR IS NOT MUCH HELP . OUT ASSESOR HAS JUST STARTED AND WE ARE ALL STRUGGLING. I HAVENT SEEN ANY BOOKS THAT COULD HELP SORRY. :o

Hi both -

I'm not sure that there is much available in the form of books. We haven't yet got any of the optional units covered by our Guidance - however, I'm sure you'll get some good responses if you post specific queries on these units! :)

Hi both -

I'm not sure that there is much available in the form of books. We haven't yet got any of the optional units covered by our Guidance - however, I'm sure you'll get some good responses if you post specific queries on these units!  :)

32015[/snapback]

WELL I THINK WE ARE STARTING TOMORROW SO I WILL LET YOU KNOW :o

WELL I THINK WE ARE STARTING TOMORROW SO I WILL LET YOU KNOW :o

32016[/snapback]

Hey there its me one of my oponital units is M.6 Develop working relationship with other professionals. I need help on PC3and PC7

Responses to approaches to other professioals indicate willingness to develop working relationships consistent with the procedures of the setting.

Barriers to communication with other professionals are effectively explored to promote productive working realationship.

Please someone help.

Michelle,

I don't think you've told us what kind of setting you work in or your role within the setting? Just think about what you would do if, for instance, a teacher from school contacted the setting asking to come out and visit to meet the new children starting school or if a speech therapist asked to come in to observe a child to help them assess their language development better. Obviously you would welcome these people into the setting and try to arrange a mutually convenient time etc.

As regards the second PC - again, without knowing your setting it would be difficult to give you pointers but in my case one of the biggest barriers is the fact that playgroup only meets for 2 1/2 hrs three times a week and it might be difficult for someone to catch me. I usually give people my home telephone number or email address which means they have a much better chance!!

Hi Anne

If you're struggling choosing your options, each Unit has a piece at the beginning, in the section entitled 'Information about this unit' which says 'who this unit is aimed at'. That should help.

As a rough guide, I tend to recommend:

In a sessional group - M20, M2 (where there is responsibilty for this), M6, P5, MCI/C1, MCI/C4 - these last two need starting at a fairly early point, though, to gather sufficient evidence.

In a Day Nursery - C14, M2 (if appropriate), M8, M6 (if appropriate), MCI/C1 and MCI/C4 - previous comment applies, possibly P8

In a setting for special needs or with a high percentage of - C17, C18, M6 or others of your choice, as appropriate.

In a school situation - C24, C25, M6, P7

In a Family Centre - P4, P7, M6, or others as appropriate

Let us know how you get on,

Sue :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)