Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Letters And Sounds Interview

HELP HELP HELP!!!

I have had a phone call this afternoon and been asked to go for interview at 9:15 tomorrow, I have to do a 20 mins phase 3 letters and sounds lesson for 14 children. I have never taught letters and sounds in my life. I have the book but don't know where to start, I have always taught read,write, inc. I went for an interview today and was told I didn't get the job as the task was not challenging enough.

Please help

Christina :o

Hi Christina.

I am not familiar with read, write, inc but I am sure you can transfer your skills. Dont PANIC.

Look at the phase 3 materials. Identify the phonemes the children will know (Phase 2) and the phonemes within the phase that they are learning. What are the HFW? Phase 3 is quite long and I would probably pitch it towards the end of the phase or at least the middle.

Look for the lesson structure. Look at the suggested games.

How would read, write, inc approach this?

Good luck?

Read write inc is quite prescriptive, where as letters and sounds seem more free flowing, I will have a look at what you have suggested, thank you! Just wondering do I need to make resources etc?

There is a great letters and sounds bingo game on www.ictgames.co.uk. There are different bingo cards to print off and the computer acts as the caller. The children at my setting really enjoy it and you can get the children to read the words before they mark them off.

Good luck with your interview!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)