Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Headscarves Etc....

As was mentioned in a recent post by Sue :D, many of the women in our photo's wear a headscarf. Since this not such an uncommon question, I thought I would explain.

Community Playtings is run by a Christian Community called the Bruderhof. Don't worry, nothing weird, just a bunch of normal people who share everything (houses, money, cars, etc,) We love our children very much, and see them as the hope for the future. We think other children should be entitled to this as well, but in reality, many don't. We think that children should be allowed to play outside most of the day, but some children never get the chance. Hence we make the best possible quality play equipment out of wood, to try to help out.

The headscarfs are something the women wear as a sign of purity and prayer.

Anyway, if you want to read more, you can check out our "About Us" section Here, or read about the Bruderhof at bruderhof.com

BTW - we were very happy to host Steve and his wife who came to visit us today. Keep up the good work Steve!

Hi,

Really sorry for my flippant remark. I would love to visit you sometime myself, as I really am impressed by what I've seen. Thanks for the information, I was actually rather curious - maybe I should have thought a bit more before I posted!

Sue :o

Yes, thanks from me too, Bernard - I really enjoyed my time today at Darvell. Seeing your furniture and other products being made by your whole community was an experience I won't soon forget! :)

Sue,

Don't worry at all. No offence taken!

It would be great if you could visit. Bring some other staff with you, and have a fun day out!