Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Moderation

Hi, just wanted to post that I had individual moderation today for Eyfs profile, which i was really worried about.

But it was a really enjoyable experience and the moderator has given me some really good tips on how to improve some things that i was struggling with in class - . like fitting in planning and review time as this is something i wanted to tart doing.

I was asked to just talk about my children, how did i know they had attained that scale point etc. She took my professional judgement on everything and then flicked through my special books afterwards to look at the range of ways i collect evidence.

Really easygoing and only recommendation was to update to 3.2 instead of 3.1. so really chuffed!

In a really awful week for me this has been my highlight!

Lucie

Good to hear you had such a good experience, Lucie, we hear so many bad stories these days.

I have to say when I was teaching reception, it was always positive and supportive too.

[ . like fitting in planning and review time as this is something i wanted to tart doing.

Hi Lucie

Well done on your moderation! xD

Can I ask a question - how does she suggest you fit in planning/reflection time? I really would like to do this on a more regular basis, but with assembly, phonics, guided read,cll, psrn .... :o . where does it go :( !

thanks

Rosie64, she suggested

-beginning by keeping just a small group to get them used to it, in rotation for a few weeks,

-discussion with a partner and sharing a few - could be tagged on to the end of another whole class session.

-getting them to write (in whatever form that may take at whatever point in the year - she did suggest that this would show quite a good progression in indepedendent writing over the year) what they will do

-she talked about something called 'tummy time' for intimate sessions with less pressure.

I asked for advice bc as a catholic school it is RE that seems to take over the curriculum, and i normally do this as a whole class for 10-15mins after lunch before CIP so she gave me some ideas for 'tagging' planning time on the end.

Lucie

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)