Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Kitchen Furniture!

Guest Spiral

Guest Spiral

I'm looking to develop an area for the staff to use as the kitchen. We've looked at community playthings, but this isn't quite what we require. we would like an area that the children can only enter when invited to do so by an adult. I know that doesn't sound ideal, but it is necessary for rooms to work,

Spiral

is this an area for the staff to use as a kitchen in the playroom so will be mainly for staff use...with children only using it under supervision for a cooking activity or making snack...

would it not be possible to buy/use screens or room dividers to make an area for this and then use the furniture that is most suitable for the purpose within this area.. you could get some which are low so can keep children away and staff inside can see what is happening in the playroom..

we used to have some which had a clip we could attach to walls and they then were quite stable... but ti really was only a case of teaching the children how we wanted them to respect the space and use or not use it..

Some time ago we had play furniture (kitchen etc) made at a prison not too far away from us! It was brilliant as we only had to pay for the wood and other materials as the prison staff just wanted useful work for the inmates. I also know there used to ba a centre for the disabled in our area who also were glad to be given work for their carpentry workshop.

I don't know how you can find out this sort of thing in your area, but it was great to have items 'made to measure'.

Gruffalo2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)