Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Who To Inform

Guest Spiral

Guest Spiral

I have had a discussion with the Chair and they feel they've taken on too much. Thereofre they'd rather be on the committee. I can see why. My question is, who do I have to inform when this happens? I think it's Ofsted, the Charity commission and my Local Authority, but is that the correct assumption?

Thank you,

Spiral

last time we had a chair leave mid way through a year we informed Ofsted who said that we could nominate one of the other officers to 'double up' until we had arranged a new one... cannot remember calling anyone else... (must admit to avoiding calling charity commission as they put the fear into me!)

so this is what we did.. emergency/ extraordinary agm within 2 weeks of her giving notice and new chairperson elected... then did all the relevant paperwork etc for them... in our case she was moving away , but could you not just arrange the meeting and get a new chair elected as soon as you can while she remains in post for the short time it should take..

or would it be possible to get a joint chairperson to work with her.. we had a chair and deputy once who worked the role togehter.. one was the nominated person with Ofsted but they actually did the job togehter as a sort of job share.. they set who would do what and met regularly, and it helped them both and the setting..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)