Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Activity Suggestions

Can anyone suggest an activity that will help young children participate in to encourage anti discrimitory practice....i am blinded here so any help really is helpful pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee :o

I've been waiting for some clever person to respond to your question as I'm very interested in what you are working on. Anyway I've googled and found something along the lines of what you might be looking for. It is American, and I can't vouch for it in any way, but this particular page says what I think - I think.

That is, that the best way for small children to become accepting of others' differences is to know that we are all different and that differences are OK whatever they may be. By knowing themselves, and how each child is different from each other is the first step in becoming accepting of themselves and others.

http://www.adl.org/tools_teachers/tip_posi...environment.asp

I'm thinking observing skin colour and finding their own shade, finding positive things about each. Observing different ways of transporting oneself, different family structures. Then finding things that are the same - a lot more the same than different!!

I'm no expert on these things so these are just my ideas - I'd be interested to see what you come up with.

Cheers,

Honey

I've been waiting for some clever person to respond to your question as I'm very interested in what you are working on. Anyway I've googled and found something along the lines of what you might be looking for. It is American, and I can't vouch for it in any way, but this particular page says what I think - I think.

That is, that the best way for small children to become accepting of others' differences is to know that we are all different and that differences are OK whatever they may be. By knowing themselves, and how each child is different from each other is the first step in becoming accepting of themselves and others.

http://www.adl.org/tools_teachers/tip_posi...environment.asp

I'm thinking observing skin colour and finding their own shade, finding positive things about each. Observing different ways of transporting oneself, different family structures. Then finding things that are the same - a lot more the same than different!!

I'm no expert on these things so these are just my ideas - I'd be interested to see what you come up with.

Cheers,

Honey

Thankyou for responding...your link made for some really interesting reading.... :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)