Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mathematical Thinking

Hi All

I am looking for a story book that would support shape knowledge. I would like to use something that would be interesting for boys. Someone suggested Postman Pat but I would appreciate any other thoughts that people might have or have used successfully before. :o

Thanks

Hi, would My Mum and Dad Make Me Laugh be any good? Primarily about patterns but you could squeeze shapes out of it (stripes are, after all just an arrangement of rectangles!)

Hi

Thanks for your contribution. One of the boys was looking at Crunching Munching Caterpillar and because of the cutaway bit in the book I thought this would be an excellent choice to do cut out felt shapes to use on a felt board with room for their own cutting of felts. I have tentatively tried it and its working well for identifying what shapes they will need and problem solving for the space available. Simple and yet hopefully effective.

Dramapixie :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)