Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Threshold Application

i wondered if anyone can help????? I have spent the whole of this weekend looking at my threshold application and am still no further along the road. I wondered if there are any other reception teachers that have recently filled in the application form and give me some advice. Does anyone have a form that I could look at for some guidance or does anyone know of any websites (apart from teachernet) where i might find some help. also, can anyone who has been through this process recently tell me what to expect. My headteacher seems to think that an external assessor/ moderator comes to interview me but I think I've read somewhere that this is no longer the case????? Any help would be much appreciated.

Emma

Hi Emma

I put in my threshold application after half term and I had my interview with my head teacher a couple of weeks ago who informed me that I have met all standards. It was a lot of work which is why I had put off doing it for the last few years, but I'm glad I've done it now.

This is the first year (round 5) that the threshold application is not assessed or verified externally. You now submit it to your headteacher who must decide whether you have met all eight of the standards. There is also no deadline as there was in rounds 1-4. You have until the end of the academic year (i.e. 31st August) to submit your application. Your headteacher needs to give you oral feedback or written feedback if your application is not successful. The subsequent pay-rise is backdated to September (I'm looking forward to mine this month!)

In all eight standards I referred to different evidence , eg planning file, performance management file, records, etc. My headteacher did not request to see any of these luckily.

Your answers do have to be concise if you fill in the on-line application form as it you gives limited space to type and the spaces are pre-set. I tried to use bullet points, but I did find it hard to cut down what I wanted to say.

If you need any specific help with any of the standards, please say and I will try and help.

I echo what Jackie says (submitted my application at half term too). You can cross-refer the same evidence as proof of different standards where applicable.

If you haven't seen it, the advice on Teachernet is useful as it gives an indication of the sorts of evidence you might want to refer to. Evidence needs to be recent (i.e. relevant to the last two or three years).

Good luck - as Jackie says, it does take a while to get the application written but the longest bit is organising the evidence! (Where do you stop???)

Hi Emma. I found that I didnt need the evidence either, just where it could be found, so I didnt really spend a lot of tme gathering it all and labelling it etc.

If memory serves me correct, you are asked to make no more than 3 points or each standard, stick to that. Yes you probabaly have several for some standards, but stick to your 3 strongest, and keep within the word length (i think there is a word limit of 250 words?). Its good practice in being succinct. Cross reference where you can, adn just know where you keep things. Your Head has the right to ask to see evidence but that can be gathered if and when it is asked for.

good luck with it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)