Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Can Anyone Help Me

Hi Everyone

Can anyone tell me what the PEAGS System is and what it is used for in Nurseries?

I would be very grateful for any help

Thank you

Zoe

I know that is stands for Preschool Education Advisory Groups but thought it was only applicable in Northern Ireland and related to the 'groups' set up to decide/implement an expansion of nursery/pre-school provision..

Of course it could stand for something else too but I don't know of anything!

Be interested to hear if anyone else knows.

Thanks Geraldine - I am glad someone has answered this - I was waiting for someone to answer PEAGS as I didn't want to appear ignorant of the fact that I didn't even know what it stood for, let alone know whether I should know about it but looks as though I am not too out of touch but may just look it up to see if it covers us here in England or whether it is just a N. Ireland initiative.

Nikki

Hi there

As Geraldine said, in Northern Ireland, PEAGS is the advisory body for the Pre school expansion programme, which was set up to increase the number of pre school places available to parents.

Basic information on this policy and how it was started can be found in "Children First: The Northern Ireland Childcare strategy, A policy statement" It should be available within the DENI website.

Hope this helps :D

G.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)