Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ict In The Early Years

I have been told by our ICT coordinator to give her a list of programmes that I wish to have in the foundation stage any ideas and suggestions that have proved to be successful

I have heard of a program that uses basic paint type programs as well as basic databases. Can't remember it's name have it written down at work. Will find out tomorrow if of any use.

Oh yes and textease is quite good. You can create your own programs for the children to use.

HOwever we were connected to the internet last term which was the best thing ever! There is so much on there especially through topmarks. co.uk.

Isn't it funny how your mind goes blank -

Musical leaps and bounds is our favourite at the moment

Tizzy's toy box

number train

opposites

sequences

Pink cow will send you some to preview they say they can get you anything - and you can use your eLC's

We've got the 2 simple software. ITs fab!!! Even my newest 4 year old reception children can use it and its good for extending more able as you can change various tools to make it more difficult. IT has 2 paint which is a painting programme, 2 publish which does loads of different text things eg little 4 page books, letters, pictures with captions, speech bubbles and loads more, 2 count which is simple block graphs, 2go which is a control programme and another one that i can't remember!!! We use it all the time and the children love it. I've seen it used in other schools and there are add on packages i saw a music one and anoter one that i can't remember!

Hiya

We have just put in an ICT order and we ordered

Izzys Island (upgrade from tizzy)

Tizzys First tools (like 2simple but more for early years)

number train

a seris of role play cd roms from granarda learning called at the doctors, at the vets, at the post office

The not so naughty stories (for PSHE)

sound activities

sound stories

all about number

Hope that helps!

kelly

x

We also use the 2Simple Infant Toolkit. I would recommend using is with a pen drawing tool - absolutely fabulous for doing the symmetrical pictures. The children are fascinated as their pictures develop!

The children also love 2Simple Alphabet Soup - they can 'drive' it all themselves and really enjoy all the animations.

Maz

Maz

Where did you get your pen drawing tool from? We have the Infant Toolkit but find the children have some problems using the mouse.

Linda

Hi Linda -

They're often called graphics tablets. You can find a selection at Amazon here just to give you some ideas of the prices.  :)

31220[/snapback]

I don't do technical! I bought mine at PC World (am usually too impatient to wait for Amazon to deliver!).

Maz

Thanks for the link Steve. So do I link it to my PC? I have seen tablet PC's but they seem very expensive-the same as a full blown computer or laptop. The ones you have linked to are a lot cheaper. Can you possibly explain how they work? The one I saw looked so much easier for children to use. Do they have colour?

Linda

• 3 weeks later...

We also use the 2Simple programs... they're great we keep adding more and more to our library.

Spark Island is nice. Bucket and Spade. All the Leaps and Bounds programs are fantastic, as too is the Sound Beginnings program which you control all by using a microphone (lots of playing with your voice).

We also bought the All Day to Play which was expensive, about £500 for a site license, but there's so much on there for Literacy and sounds work, toungue twisters, nursery rhymes that you can play with and create nonsense ones - it really is a massive resource!

Also, for the internet we use the Coxhoe School website alot, and we have subscribed to Espresso... does anyone else have that?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)