Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

M7 Plans

First time I've used this forum.

I am doing M7. I'm a TA in reception in a large school.

For M7,I would like to use the plans that we use in the setting. They are written together with all reception teachers and TA's who want to join in.

Can I use these as part of my portfolio for M7? Or do I need to write them completley by myself? If I write my own do I need to implement and evaluate them,which would be tricky as long and medium plans have already been done for this year, or just write them and evaluate the plans that we have already implemented?

Hope this makes sense

I am doing my course via internet. Have been doing it for 1 year,I've nearly completed 7 units. I've never met my assessor,though email her.I am being assessed in June on nearly everything as assessor lives 80 miles away,so I expect she doesn't want to make the journey down the M1 in rush hour too often (don't blame her!!!)

Thanks

Hi there and welcome to the forum.

I have two staff doing there NVQ3 and they have been told that anything they don't actually do themselves they need to show how they are involved with the implementation. So if I, as owner, put something into place they have to demonstrate what their role is in this.

One has done the planning aspect and did some herself, which she implemented and evaluated, and used some that are the groups. Again she implemented and evaluated them.

Linda

• 3 weeks later...

I've just re-read this topic, wanted to ask if you were clear and OK with your M7, thewrightfamily1?

If you're still caught up, just shout, or pm me!

Sue :D

Oh, PS - welcome!!

I've just re-read this topic, wanted to ask if you were clear and OK with your M7, thewrightfamily1?

If you're still caught up, just shout, or pm me!

Sue  :D

Oh, PS - welcome!!

32268[/snapback]

Thank you sue, I have given M7 a rest for now and am doing C7 which I am finding much easier. I will no doubt be back for advice on M7 in the near future!!

Wright1

Hi the wrightfamily, I dont know what the setting is like where you are based but as to rewriting the plans. If any of our students need to plan and evaluate an activity we give them free rein to do so, regardless of what is planned, or sometimes I plan especially for them so they can do what Linda suggested and explain what their involvement will be. It is in our interests as well as theirs to be able to achieve the qualification and we wouldnt prevent this by making them stick to the settings plans if it didnt link in with what they had to do. Planning isnt set in stone in my opinion and I'm sure when you come to it your setting will be able to be flexible. It sounds a lonely way of achieving your NVQ though. Hope it all goes well :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)