Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Our Wonderful Leader

We had a wonderful parent workshop today and I have just sent our leader a message of praise as she is so dedicated to our setting. She does so much above and beyond what she has to do, it is marvellous.

It occurs to me that leaders very rarely get praised as they have to manage the staff and only have volunteer committee members in theory helping run the setting (although as we know not always in practice!)

What wonderful things has your leader done recently?

:o

I am a leader too and would never say I am wonderful only that I consistently try give my all to provide the children in my care with the best I can give.

I have been in early years for almost 39 years and continue to learn - I don't expect praise for doing what I love but the odd 'thank you' here and there is lovely to hear. The nicest thing I have heard lately is a parent who with tears in her eyes said 'If I won the lottery it wouldn't be enough to pay you for all you have done for my son and our family we will never ever forget you' :o

Our leader has managed to build an excellent relationship with the surestart nursery next door despite my huge misgiving when it opened fearing it would take our children.

She's great at reminding me of my jobs to do, and so patient when I forget to do things, like contacting new parents!

She does a huge amount a home, like all the staff do but she's been part of the playgroup as a mom, volunteer, trainee and now staff for such a long time she understands how it operates.

We're both lucky to have each other, I know it sounds like I'm blowing my own trumpet but a chair with no knowledge would mean much more work for her and a playleader who didnt understand the playgroup would be a headache to me.

The only negative thing I could say is that I dont think she always belives in her own capabilities and will defer to advisors when I know she has good ideas herself and is capable of carrying them out.

I've got to do her appraisal soon so thanks Suzie for reminding me of all the good stuff. :o

I am a pre-school parent, and our manager is wonderful too. She is very experience (but still open to new ideas) and nothing ever phases her. I am quite convinced that if my child grew an extra head over night all she would say was that she had a spare sunhat I could borrow.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)