Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What's The Name Of This Observation?

Guest TinklePrincess

Guest TinklePrincess

Hi everyone... I'm not sure if I'm putting this in the right section - I get confused!

I'm rather ashamed of myself, to be honest, as I should know this but I can't think of the word for the life of me!

What's the name of the form of observation where you get a diagram of the room and sort of track how many children are in each area at certain times and how long they stay there etc... sort of like a tracker observation?

Thank you

Guest TinklePrincess
Thats exactely what it's called - a tracking/tracker observation , it's a good idea to write how long the child spends in each area as well to help in analysing it. :o

But is it still called that if it's done in order to see how much an area is used by everyone, rather than for a specific child?

Guest TinklePrincess
I call them that for looking at how the room and activities are used.

Thank you both for your replies, I've just called it a tracker and explained what I meant!

Guest TinklePrincess
is it an 'event' tracker rather tha a 'time' tracker?

Sorry MPS, I've been so busy, I've barely been on here recently! Yes I was wanting to show how a particular area in the room was used. For example, the role play, how many children used the area throughout the session and how long they stayed.

Focussing mainly on the area of provision, rather than on specific children.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)