Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tractor Tyre Sand Pit

Hi all,

We have just had a tractor tyre delivered, which I am hoping to turn into an outdoor sandpit.

Does anyone already have one of these and be able suggest how many sacks of sand I will need to fill it? It looks massive!

Thanks in advance,

Carrots

I would say about a tonne- one of those massive builders sacks if you know the ones I mean- you have to allow for the sand that will naturally fill into the inner brim rather than just all in the middle

have fun sounds great :o

I have two tractor tyres but use them both as raised beds...one is a herb garden and one has cauliflower and garlic growing in them....they are fantastic!

My JCB tyre had 120kg of sand poured in when it arrived, which half filled it - enough to be able to reach to play in but not to spill out everywhere!

Nona

Thank you so much for all your replies.

The children absolutely loved playing on/in it today and seemed disappointed when I said we were going to fill it with sand! I think I might leave it empty for a while - or see if I can get another one!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)