Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

How Long Does It Take!?

Hi

Well we are due our AGM next month and we staill have 2 committee members that have yet to receive their CRB back from OFSTED. Chair says that they have resent their docs back to OFSTED.

Query is are they still classed as committee and able to vote?

Whats the longest you have had to ait for committee CRB?

Thing is they may not stay on next year!!!

I thought they seemed to be coming through a little quicker these days, or they certainly are since I did mine years ago.

One of my members set her EY2 form to Ofsted and got the next part (CRB form sent back to her to fill in) within about 10 days, I've checked all her ID and she's sent it off to the CRB people but that bit hasn't come through yet and it was probably about 3 weeks ago.

Hi

It is very variable.

To show due diligence, we have a list of committee members and record

a ) the date EY2 was sent

b ) date of reply

c ) date of ID check and CRB posted

d ) CRB date and number

That way, if you get an inspection, query, etc, you can show exactly where each person is in the process.

Hope that helps.

George

Ours have been a bit quicker recently, maybe 2 months?

Get the person involved to phone Ofsted and check, they are usually quite helpful.

Make sure that when CRBs arrive, you actually HAVE SIGHT of them, and your leader or chair signs to say that this has happened. Aparently Ofsted are tight on that aspect these days.

I would still let them vote, if I hadn't let staff and members vote at last AGM, there would have been no one to vote! I often 'overlook' the technicalities of committee run stuff in favour of getting things done. :o

Not sure about how long they take but no reason not to vote, all parents have a vote at an AGM, committee or not...they are all members of the setting.. even if they do not take active role on committee..

Thanks all

Dont know what I would do without you lot...whenever I get asked something I always come on here to check what you lot think.....

Not happy though as this particular committee member now says that she will hopefully get round to completing the EY2 in the next week or so (says she is a busy Dr and that she has had a few crisises)....I then had to email her to tell her in actuall fact there is now a new EY2 form (not sure how it differs??)

Hi Marley

A big difference between not having the CRB back and not having sent the EY2.

We aim to get the EY2 in within a week of a member joining the committee.

As to voting at the AGM, check your constitution. However it is pretty unlikely that it will disqualify someone for not completing their EY2. Most constitution allow all members to vote, not just committee members.

The committee could however decide to remove her by a majority vote.

Hope you get it all sorted out.

Cheers

George

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)