Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Profile Evidence

Guest bevben

Guest bevben

Hi all, just thought it might be useful to get some feedback about what people do with the evidence collected for the profile. Currently I have A4 files for every child that have been passed up from pre Nursery to nursery then on to me in reception. The pre reception info is looked at over the summer hols and then put to the back of the file ready for the new reception evidence. I've kept it all together incase of OFSTED knocking on the door - which they did- and didn't look at the evidence much at all!! Do people send home nursery evidence at a certain point or do you tend to keep it until the end of FS?? Thanks x

Hi there bevben. I am trying to visualise your folders, and I wonder if they are like learning diaries/journals that gather photos, observations, etc etc?

If so, we used to keep our chronologically when they moved from nursery to reception to show the continuing journey but once they filled one book (we had special books) we would send most of them home. If children went onto other schools, we sent them home at the end of nurser and if they came to us from other nurseries we requested to look at them on our home visits but then started new ones in reception.

Likewise if parents asked for them at the end of nursery, we did give them over to them, although this didn't happen that often.

We found something wonderful about tracing the child's journey over two years with us, and the chidlren loved to look back to 'when they were little' to see how much they had changed.

Does that help at all? Im sure others will have different ways of doing it though.

We don't have a nursery attached to the school but I have a feeder pre-school and a few other nurseries and pre-schools which children come from. I get permission to look through the learning stories/journals in the summer term and make notes but I am not allowed to keep them. The feeder pre-school records the evidence in a scrap book which the same as what I do. I put in obs and photos in chronological order and reference them to profile points.

They get passed up to year 1, they continue the learning journal then they get sent home to parents. x

Guest bevben

That's really helpful, thank you both. Yes, my files are like a record of their time with us - photos, learning stories, samples of child initiated work, sticky labels etc. x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)