Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Individual Plans

Hi

I would like to review our OAP procedure, in particular instead of completing IEP's for children with additional needs I would like to be more inclusive and use a single form for each child to record their needs, interests and next steps and wondered if anybody used something similar already that they would be prepared to share?

Hi are you suggesting an individual play plan for each child. This is completely different to IEPS, School Action, and School Action Plus which are specifically for children with Special Educational Needs and there are clear guidelines for this depending on need, additional support and other agencies involved.

This may then be used for a Statement of Educational Needs for those that require it.

Have to say haven't looked at the Green Paper published this week to see which areas are to be revamped, changed etc.

Not sure if thats what you mean or have i misunderstood your post. :o

Hi again

Sazz - Hadn't thought to look on the EYFS site!

Bridger - Currently we have IEP's for children with additional needs and a keyperson sheet for all children. However, as a result of my current study, I felt that as all children are special, they should all have the same individual plan which shows how we plan for each child's needs, therefore not singling out children with additional needs as a separate group or suggesting that they should conform to the 'normal' child.

I've subsequently found an individual plan in the resource library which I like, just wondered if anybody has one they would be kind enough to share.

Thanks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)