Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Autism Research

Hi I have been asked by my employers to research the need the need for early intervention and support groups. Do you think there is a need for more early intervention with the younger children, home support with routines behaviours etc. D we need more parent support groups, sibling support groups and autism specific pre schools.

Any thoughts would be helpful either as a parent or a professional. thank you in advance

killowengirl

think this may depend on the area you live in.

We always had the help and support we needed as a setting and were able to send parents in the right direction . I do realise we were /are lucky in having a group dedicated to this in our area, who are really good at what they do... Springboard Opp group.

we also have a school locally young people who have Severe Learning Difficulties and/or Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties.

All had good links with us when I worked in the preschool - all giving us support and help when we identifies a need or parents had before... think the hardest was for parents before coming to a preschool or somewhere who would recognise or notice a possible additional need.. all depended on parents asking or going somewhere where help would be available.

other areas may/will not be as lucky or have the network set up

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)