Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Superhero Writing

Hi everyone,

I thought that I would post my question on this forum as in the past everyone has been so helpful. Next week we are planning for the children's interests and they have chosen superheroes as a topic.

Today I was told that I have a HT observation next week and the focus is on writing so I was wondering if anyone had any wow ideas for a lesson please?

Really struggling!

Thanks

xxx

perhaps they could find a message in a bottle from someone needing to be rescued ..they need to create a plan for their rescue mission.

or

a 'newspaper article' has announce that a superhero has crashed into a plane and done a lot of damage the government have decided that you need a permit to be a registered hero...they need a picture and a description of your special powers!

:oxD

think i need a drink....must be friday :(:(

Thanks for your response.

I think Im going to plan a lesson where the children are invited by Ben 10 to a party on Friday but only superheroes can attend. Launch a discussion about how we can become superheroes? What do we need? Make a list on the board and gather resources - this will lead to lots of child initiated learning throughout the session. Support with masks/badges/capes (emphasising the need to label and name them) if needed.

Now, this is where I'm unsure - I will then either explain that before we become superheroes, we need to think of our own superhero names and design our costumes and model this on the board or model how to write out a reply to Ben 10 with our real name, superhero name, super power and favourite colour.

Either of which will then become my focussed activity and my TA will do the other. Which one would you do?

I will also have two teaching students to support C I play.

Id really appreciate your advice.

Thanks

xx

Love the superhero party idea. I would do writing a reply to the invitation as I think children would be really motivated by this. Maybe they can't attend party unless they've replied? Also, if your class are similar to mine we need to move onto writing using a range of forms. Good luck, hope all goes well :)

Love the superhero party idea. I would do writing a reply to the invitation as I think children would be really motivated by this. Maybe they can't attend party unless they've replied? Also, if your class are similar to mine we need to move onto writing using a range of forms. Good luck, hope all goes well :)

Thank you so much Kathrynmc. Yes Ive decided to do the writing replies and my TA can do the designing.

Its on Wednesday so got a few more days to stress over it!

xxx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)