Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Nusery - 1st Ofsted

Hello

Do any of you know how soon Ofsted will come for their first visit? We opened on the 24th January this year. I am not sure if it is within the 1st 3 months or 1st 6 months.

Does anyone know?

Thanks

Could I please join in with this conversation ?? My husband and I are trying to buy a building at the moment to open a nursery (I currently teach in early years) I' ve read that it's six months too. Do I need to register only with OFSTED or is there any other registering to do????? Could anyone give me any other tips please I'm currently panicking that I'm not doing the right thing!!! But also know that I am. Thanks

We resgistered at our setting April 2007 and was inspected june 2008. In April 2010 we changed management to a charity run preschool run by the governing body of the primary school we are attached to and was told within 6 months we would be re inspected ........ still waiting!

I have probably doomed it now and they will visit tomorrow!!!!

Thank you for all your replies. I would call them, but every time I have previously about a variety of different issues I always get a different answer - I find if I don't like the 1st answer, I call back, speak to someone else and get a more preferable answer!!

I think our first inset day should be a SEF day then and at least we will be somewhat prepared!

Doodlealltheday - I'm afraid I can't help you. I was part of the registration process as I was recruited more than the recommended 6 months prior to opening but apart from that I run the nursery on a day to day basis - the director/owners dealt with registering, securing the building, meeting building regs etc - sorry