Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Power Rangers

We have a fortnightly drop in session. This week the role play was a generic dressing up with dolls, post box, paper etc which the girls loved. The boys however were really into power rangers and were playing together in the usual 'fighting' manner!!

I am new to working in CC's and have been asked to plan the next session - I am keen to incorporate the boys interests and extend it where possible (particularly because I think they were nearly school age, and I was a Reception teacher), but am not really sure how to do this, as they may not be there next time, I don't want to stop the girls play, we run in a village hall so we don't have access to all resources like in a purpose built environment.

Any ideas would be gratefull received

Obviously you can't plan for individuals, however, a few tricks ready up your sleeve is the answer!

Our boys last week enjoyed one of the ideas on here which was a Super Hero Skills School - we devised something of an obstacle course for them, which allowed them to do commando crawling, throwing bean bags at a target, learning how to play fight without making contact with another child - that sort of thing, they absolutely lapped it up.

There are lots of super hero ideas on here easily adapted to Power Rangers or any other of the boys favourites such as Ben 10 etc.

Could they make capes - one person's idea was using very cheap bin liners and slitting them down - the children then made their own logos to stick onto the cape. That would be an easy idea to have up your sleeve. We also bought a colouring book about Power Rangers and with the aid of a photocopier (yes I know a bit naughty!) we increased the size of one or two helmets/masks, printed them onto card and made them life-sized for the children to colour and wear.

I'm sure if you do a forum search for Super Hero you will find loads more ideas. Good luck with those boys - hope they do turn up.

Thanks so much Panders, that is just the sort of thing they need. I just love working in a CC and can't imagine ever going back to the classroom, but getting my head around all the different things is quite a challenge.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)