Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I Like The Way You.....bodyrockers

I like the way you.....by the Bodyrockers is number 3 in the charts.

The lead singer, Dylon, is the older brother of my son's lifetime mates, Ben & Sam (the twins).

I've "jammed" with Dylon, when his father was landlord of our local pub, me on guitar whilst he played guitar better than me and sang.

The song is about the groupies who follow a band. ie: I like the way you wave....etc.

Dylon wrote and produced the record. He also wrote some music used for a Holsten advert, it lasted 6 seconds and he was paid, wait for it...£18,000 per second. He has just signed a recording contract with Sony ( i think) for 1.5 million. He is a great guy, lots of fun and been in the business for years ( he once had a number 1 hit in france & his dad proudly displayed his platinum record, for sales of that hit).

So will you all go out next week and buy, I like the way you.....by the Bodyrockers, then Dylon may make No 1 in the u.k., and an added bonus it will knock Amarillo off the top spot.

Peggy

I'll have a listen Peggy, sounds like my kind of group. :D

My claims to fame, loads of 'em. I was once on the opening credits of a cookery show hosted by Kevin something. I never saw it but it was repeated a few times. Also went to same school as Nick Rhodes from Duran Duran, older than me by about 5 years, real surname Bates. Wonder why he changed it? xD I am also in the company of Gladston Small on a weekly basis and I have looked Neil Back in the eye from about 5 paces and failed to recognise him. :o

Rea

My claim to fame is - I was Fern Cotton's Nursery teacher. I wonder if I will ever be on this is your life. she was a very beautiful child. Her Dad was a bit of a hunk as well. One of her class mates is about to launch her singing career in a girl group.

Peggy I shall listen out for the Bodyrockers on radio. Do they play it on the Today programme, or will I hear Ed Grundy listening to it on the Archers??

I would like to add my support for Amarillo (see my post elsewhere for my comments on my musical tastes!).

Living where I live we have a bevvy of celebs living locally: and often they do pass you on the street un-noticed.

However, I was in the local art shop a few years ago when Rolf Harris popped in to stock up on materials. He complimented me on the colour of my sweater (very fetching turquoise). As we all waited at the checkout for the assistant to come and serve us, he commented on it again. So I told him I bought it at Evans, if he'd like to buy one for himself...

He didn't mention it again!

I have also sold Beanie Babies to the children of Howard Jones, and tasteful gifts to Lorraine Kelly and Russell Grant.

Have never jammed with a rock star though, Peggy! True class.

Maz

Tentative link here Maz, I was playing the didgeridoo at preschool today, we are doing a topic on the elements and I just wanted to let the children know what "Air" really sounds like :)

Archers???? Never heard of them :o

If you ALL buy the record he will get to No 1 and be on Top of the Pops, so then you will ALL know who I am talking about. ( how's that for saleswomanship- don't answer)

Peggy

:o Can you remember the brotherhood of man?. Well they use to live two houses up from me, and I can remember going round and asking for their autograph. I was only 10/11 at the time. They actually offered me some sweets too, saying 'I was a lovely girl'

Actually it was only one of the couples the ones with the brown hair they were married to each other. Lovely couple!.

They didn't live their for long, I think they got tired of everyone knocking on their door. xD

I did some research. My 14 year old had never heard of the Bodypoppers (I coudln't actually remember what they were called!). She looked blankly at my vain attempts to describe either the group or the song.

Then I remembered the bit about "the way your body..." and my eight year old son said "oh you mean "I like the way your body moves by the Body rockers". My flabber has never been so ghast! He likes it anyway, and I may buy it for him, just because it will please Peggy!

I bought the latest Beautiful South CD which is a whole load of covers (including SClub!). One of them is an old Stylistics hit, and for the past month or so I've had this song going round and round in my head. I have a few Stylistics LPs (bought when I was about 14), but nowhere to play my old vinyl. This has been the cue for a long search through every CD shop - and finally last week I bought a 'best of' CD in the bargain bin for a fiver. Now I can sing away in my car (high pitched voice and an imaginary afro) to my hearts content.

Much to my children's disgust...

So that's a bonus!

Maz

Dear Peggy

Is there no end to your talent! I was more impressed by the fact that you can play guitar and spent your time jamming in pubs! I hope it does well -

Nikki

I'm shocked Rea!

Mind you not as shocked as I was when we organised a PTA fashion show - one of the mums proudly told me her daughter (who had volunteered as a model) had an ambition to be a pole dancer.... She was all of six.

Still haven't heard or seen the Bodyrockers, though!

Maz

Just a cautionary note about pole dancing. Whilst on holiday, the dance floor at the resort I was staying at was in a conservatory. The centre being held up by a square post/pole. Need I say more :(

The bruises on my arms took days to go :oxD

Peggy