Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cameras

ok our last camera, that was slowly dying, has now had it after being flung across a playground swifly followed by a small girl :( so now i'm looking for 2 new replacements. we use them for obs and for for the children to use...i tend to go for slightly cheaper ones that i'm not panicking about but i would really like one that takes the photo quickly otherwise the children have moved before the shutter has gone off :o

Anyone got any recommendations? any help appreciated xD

We seem to get through cameras very quickly so I too try not to spend a fortune!

Presently we have 2 Canon powershot or sureshot cameras which I picked up in the Argos sale. £49.99 each.

Different colours but the same otherwise

We had a Nikon something before a little camera we caught in a sale as a new model was coming in, and have also had a GE camera (General Electrics or similar) which was fine also.

There is no point spending loads of money or staff stress levels are too high when the children are using them independently.

On the other side of this though I have bought VERY cheap cameras which have been a total waste of time!

I think Vitiar are cheap and cheerful but I don't think we have had one of them!!

Amazon usually have customer comments are also usually a good price range!

Hope you find something suitable!!

Edited by Scarlettangel

I bought two on Amazon just before Christmas - a fuji and a vivitar - neither cost more than £35 and they are both pretty good . I also picked up two of the childrens VTech cameras for £33 each so I don't have to worry about them being dropped as they are more robust than the 'adult' ones. EBay is also worth looking at for cheap cameras :o

Hi - we have been gifted a number of cameras over the past couple of years via training which we have accessed (organised by county council). Recently they have mainly been Canon Powershot cameras (the most recent we've got is a A495) they seem to be good quality cameras, and fairly straightforward to use, not the most aesthetically pleasing but that doesn't really matter when it's for work use. So, I'm guessing they've selected these cameras to give us either because they are attractive in terms of price of functionality or reliability though I couldn't tell you if they score well on all three of these areas!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)