Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outdoor Storage - Any Ideas?

Hi everyone,

I teach reception and have a small outdoor area attached that we use everyday. Our faithful outside storage shed has finally had its day - thank goodness (was so sick of everything getting mouldy) and I have been given some money (unspecified amount at this stage) to purchase some new outdoor storage for our class.

My ideal scenario would be to get a series of child height weatherproof cupboard style containers that the children can access/put away resources each day. However, I don't really know where to start with this search as so far I've only found those dark green P.E style storage sheds or storage not suitable to be kept outside. Does anyone have anything similar or know where I could search?

What do you do for outside storage? What works/doesn't work?

Any feedback much appreciated,

Love Chickpea xx

we have a normal size adult shed but with low level shelving that children can access themselves.

items are placed in boxes labelled with a photo and name of item

Hi there

we have had about 4 of these storage keter units (4 because that's how many times we had to return it due to the lid breaking!)

We purchased ours from Homebase and they were very good at replacing. As the whole unit is made of plastic it is prone to breaking (even with light use which is what ours was for) You might wonder why we didn't give up and go for something else- truth is I trawled all the shops and internet sites and couldn't find one better that is the right height and width to fit our outdoor sports trolley in and that also is accessible from the top and front.

The newer model (which we have) is a better design and touch wood, seems to be holding up. Another word of warning- we had two consecutive ones delivered (they come flat packed) and each and to be returned as on opening some parts had been damaged!

The other thing we have in use is a 3 or 4 tiered green house. The ones that have a clear plastic zip cover over them. Again from homebase or B&Q. These are inexpensive at about £20. We use to store wellies/ sand and water toys and paint rollers etc

Good luck in your search- it's not easy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)