Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Information Sharing

We have just started our Out of School club and, although it is still quiet, things are going well.

I need to explain to the teachers about the need for information sharing between us, which they know nothing about I must say. Can anyone give me a link to something that would provide me with an offical staement about their requirement to share with me to convince them?

We have just started our Out of School club and, although it is still quiet, things are going well.

I need to explain to the teachers about the need for information sharing between us, which they know nothing about I must say. Can anyone give me a link to something that would provide me with an offical staement about their requirement to share with me to convince them?

look at: http://www.teachernet.gov.uk/_doc/13023/isgpm.pdf

'Information Sharing:Guidance for practitioners and managers'

Teachers have years of having the need to maintain confidentially drummed into them so I can understand the reluctance to be seen to be discussing children with a third party.

I find a letter (that I write, but is effectively from the parent) asking each party to share relevant information, in the interests of the child, does the trick. Three copies, all signed by all three parties and each keeps a copy. I do them for the child's teacher so they need to be updated each year. If you can get the head teacher in on the act (but then you're relying on HT to ask all the teachers) then you could get away with one each child. If really reluctant then could put the quotes you are after in the letter.

Honey

Guest jenpercy

The information pointed to n the downloads covers informaton sharing with health professionals and social workers and although it has some useful pointers for confidentiality it does not cover requirements under the EYFS.

It does seem strange that many schools have not taken on board the need to share information regarding children's progress under the EYFS. I can remember that our schools were taken aback by the very idea that we wree required to deliver the EYFS.

We have the consent to communicate with the school on our registration forms, and then we write to the school, copied to Head and class teacher reminding them of their obligation under EYFS, asking for any informatoin on pupils that would help us, and asking for continued information sharing over the year. so far, I have found it very difficult to get anything useful. last year we got a copy of the spreadsheet for each child with a couple of things highlighted - eg singing songs, but I wouldn't say that was particularly helpful.

Each child has their own scrapbook, which we keep to display to LA, 4Children, OFSTED etc and we have a minimum of other paperwork, but it is pretty well without recourse to info from the schools, who have not yet replied this year anyway.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)