Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Administering Medication Help!

Hi

I have spoken to OFSTED and they have changed it and they no longer say only presciptve meds. However my local CYPD e-mailed me the old standards and that is what they are working too.

http://nationalstrategies.standards.dcsf.gov.uk/node/84514

This is what they e-mailed me. It was wriitten in 2005 using the 15 standards which are out of date.

I have decided to stick to my guns and follow my polices and procedures.

If the committee want to change them it's up to them.

But it's not only the medication policy it's nappy changing ect as they all make statements on hand washing using soap.

I am glad that most of you feel that cream is not a soap (if only they would provide a soap substiute).

Looking forward to tomorrow. (NOT)!!

Clare

Eczema is a miserable condition as i know from experience. I would have used E45 cream as asked for by the parents as a soap. Some creams are not suitable for all users due to different perservatives in them an obviously E45 is what suits this child. To act for the best interests of the child in this instance is where i would have gone.

I dont shower or bath with soap but a 50% soft white parrafin mix it is not a soap. My skin is to dry and water makes it worse unless i use this kind of emoillent.

I have children who cannot use soap as their hands are so sore. So we do our best with germs!!

Edited by Suer

4x4clare,

Difficult situation. However E45 cream is not a soap it is purely a moisturiser, my husband uses it daily for eczema.

If you have to use it for one family then it would be good practice to get the actual use in writing, with the understanding that it doesn't protect from germs etc.

Rachel

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)