Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Assessing Creativity

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help us. We are finding it difficult to assess or plan for Profile point 3 in Creative Development (Tries to capture experiences, using a variety of different

media) which is stopping us from awarding the Early Learning Goals. Can anyone give us any examples of the evidence they have collected to award this point. Not sure if we are reading too much into it or whether our children are just not very creative.

Thanks

Lorraine

I'd look at the role play area and music as well as the art area. Its where chidrens main experinces lie. They probably are very creative, you only have to hear them on the phone, you know they're using mom's words in their play. If you want something on paper just make sure all the choices are ready and that you watch and listen. You probably have a child who has to tell you what he did last night, he might like to paint it, or someone might need boxes to make the police car he saw and you might have a child who uses dancing to express herself.

Glad I dont have to plan anymore :o

Give them a digital camera - they capture experiences on photo, you print out!

Any paintings inspired by trips, going outside in nature, that kind of thing.

Recording music, playing back.

Creativity, by its very nature, is tricky to capture and impossible to assess. It's mad really that you are expected to.

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help us. We are finding it difficult to assess or plan for Profile point 3 in Creative Development (Tries to capture experiences, using a variety of different

media) which is stopping us from awarding the Early Learning Goals. Can anyone give us any examples of the evidence they have collected to award this point. Not sure if we are reading too much into it or whether our children are just not very creative.

Thanks

Lorraine

Have a look at this a little old but non the less relevant! There are three documents so if you also need KUW just google it and you should get another pdf

http://www.lancsngfl.ac.uk/nationalstrateg...d54a33343010cc2

Lorna

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)