Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Analysis Of Fs Data

My head has just e-mailed me a long list of points that I need to now cover in the analysis of the FS data courtesy of our new SIP. At present we go throught the data regularly and highlight areas of weakness and look for 'gaps' in areas of learning and for individual children. We use this to inform our planning and to target specific children and groups of children. We also look for trends in gender and age. At the end of the year we write a report of any overall trends, areas of weakness and strength. We use eye profile to print off graphs. I would be interested to hear what others produce. Many Thanks

Guest tinkerbell

Sounds very similar to what we do too.However I have the discussion withthe LEA Early years advisor.We do need to be mindful of the e-profile,it is a tool and flawed in lots of ways I have debated these issues lots of times and told them to get off my back.I know my children and I am doing the best for all of them if some are 4's and some are 9's that is the way it is!!

stand your corner, we are often alone

#Tinkerbellx

Hi there musicfactory, it sounds like you do a fair bit already, but I am wondering what this list of things your SIP is requiring is?

So for example, we used to analyse for BME groups and SEN, and when we did this regularly we did start to see that certain groups wit us were not performing well, and this led us to think about how we might support the Home Learning Environment for these children.

I do agree in part with Tinkerbell in that the profile is flawed and I have personally fallen victim of the 'not enough 6+ in writing' mentality, and we should avoid the trap of thinking we only teach the profile points (believe me Ive seen it in many places). But sometimes, analysing data can throw up things we hadn't considered and therefore becomes a part of our reflective processes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)