Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

The Importance Of Early Years

HappyMaz

Via Pen Green on Twitter, here is a link to a new Government document which outlines why the early years are so crucial. In its accompanying announcement, the Government says:-

The Government is responsible for helping each and every child achieve their full potential, whatever their background or circumstances. We believe in trusting professionals to do their jobs, free from the central targets and bureaucracy of recent years. Most fundamentally, we believe that the Government should take action to support the disadvantaged and that this support, whether through free early education, the network of Sure Start children's centres, or intervening early with other services that make a difference, is crucial in helping children fulfil their potential.

I highlighted the bit I particularly liked. I shall be printing it out on an A4 sheet and laminating it so I can display it somewhere promiment, just to remind me at times when the sentiment might appear to be a little misplaced.

The document is only 15 pages long, and there are lots of graphs and tables so that should give me a little background reading to do over Christmas!

Thanks Maz.

Which bits of the bureaucracy do you think should go? Personally I think the requirement to do so much documentation around learning and progression.

Also, the mad situation I've been in this week, where I've had to ask Ofsted if I can step in temporarily as level 3 person to cover my manager and deputy so they can go on a one day course they really want to attend. Despite me having a CRB, EY2, suitable person letter AND early years QTS, they are STILL umming and ahhing about whether it would be possible.

Madness!

Edited by Guest

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)