Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pse Ideas For A Class That "clash"

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have a reception class of 30 and although they are all lovely they seem to clash together as a class. Not all but there are a handful of children who don't seem to mix well with the others. They bicker and argue over the resources and toys and are constantly "telling tales" on each other and the other children.

This started in September and as the term went on they got better and I felt I made progress but over the lst few weeks they seem to have gone back to sQAURE One. I have a behaviour chart (Sun, Cloud, sun cloud with their pictures on it) but i feel i need more.

Can anyone give me some nice PSE activities, games or suggestions that can help?

They would really make my christmas lol

Thanks x

At Preschool we sometimes have 'buddy' days when children's names are pulled out of a hat and children are put into pairs with a coloured smiley sticker and they stay with each other for a morning. This enables children to pair up with a child they might not choose in the normal course of events, and with resources that they don't normally use. They take turns deciding what to do and it works quite well. It means that a new child can learn to share resources with just one person, and know that no-one else will interrupt their play, and friendships are sometimes established which last and last.

I'm sure your 'back to square one' has something to do with pre-Christmas excitement - my lovely group were awful a few times last week. It's the end of quite a long term, Christmas, dark nights wet days etc.

Hi, I can think of lots of drama activities that require cooperation, if you do a google search you should find loads.

I would also consider having a whole class reward, something like marbles in a jar, where they actively have to work together and support each other if they are going to earn the whole class a treat!

And yes, I'd suspect Cait is right, it is a long old first term for little reception children (and for you too!)

We have a sunshine tree and the children write leaves for each other when someone does something for them that they like or makes them feel happy. So they might write so and so's name for sharing the fire engine or being polite etc. They write each others names and we help/ scribe their reasons for making the leaf. Every week we 'visit' the tree and they get their leaf and a smiley sticker.

We have a sunshine tree and the children write leaves for each other when someone does something for them that they like or makes them feel happy. So they might write so and so's name for sharing the fire engine or being polite etc. They write each others names and we help/ scribe their reasons for making the leaf. Every week we 'visit' the tree and they get their leaf and a smiley sticker.

What a lovely idea, heleng :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)