Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reliable Languages Website

hi there all

does anyone know a reliable website for finding out how to say good morning in other languages (including correct spelling and pronunciation?) I've done a search on the net but each site I visit seems to throw up different versions and have course I want to get it right!!

cheers.... in anticipation :)

Hi Liza, my daughter uses a site called Bablefish translation for checking homework that she is stuck on, you can translate up to 150 words.

www.babelfish.altavista.com sorry no idea how to do a link !

bonjour- France

guten Morgen- German

доброе утро- Russian ( dobroe utro )

buenos días- spanish

dobro jutro - Serbo-Croat

Sorry i do not know any site and I am not sure how you will pronaunce thise :D

Try search for free translating sites

Hi -

A good site is www.freetranslation.com. It failed, however, to accomplish a critical test. I asked it to translate "My Grandmother's ear trumpet has just been struck by Lightning" into Italian (well you never know when you might need to explain this to someone in Italian).

I asked it then to translate the Italian phrase it came up with back into English.

It came up with the following English phrase:

"Acoustic my croissant of the Grandmother has just was hit from the lightning bolt"

:o

And you want to know what we're like!!!

Sue

29880[/snapback]

Hear, hear! First he's wishing happy birthday to someone called Spotty, and now he's turning his grandma's ear trumpet into a croissant. She'll get jam in her ears, and that won't exactly improve her hearing, will it?

Anyone seen my marbles?

Maz

Is that where all the lost marbles go, Sue?

Is Minehead full of right thinking, clear headed souls who are benefitting from the loss of brainpower suffered by us poor souls?

Maybe they should change the name to Ourhead...

Maz

PS Note to self: must get out more...

No, don't worry yourself, it's me that needs to get out more!!! xD

I just suffer quite badly with Marillionitis - totally incurable!!! :o

By the way, that was really good - Ourhead...I like that. It'll never be the same again!

Sue :D

I just suffer quite badly with Marillionitis - totally incurable!!!  :o

29923[/snapback]

Could be worse: I have a friend (no, really, I do) who is completely obsessed with Lionel Rich Tea. She even dragged me along to one of his concerts at Wembley last year. Poor deluded soul...

Maz

PS: My own musical tastes probably wouldn't stand up to scrutiny!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)