Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sand And Water Tray At Christmas

thumperrabbit

Animals, cheap nativity figures and a small box for telling the nativity story in the sand tray. Also done this on the tuff spot with sand.

Coloured water red or green with large sequins, nets and sieves- also do this with blue water with silver snowflake sequins in January

Animals, cheap nativity figures and a small box for telling the nativity story in the sand tray. Also done this on the tuff spot with sand.

Biccy where did you get your 'cheap' Nativity figures from? Ive been searching but not in the right place!

Coloured water red or green with large sequins, nets and sieves- also do this with blue water with silver snowflake sequins in January

do you just use food colouring for this?

I take it that the colour doesn't stain the childrens hands?

Thanks for the inspiration everyone :o

Edited by thumperrabbit

Sorry I've had my cheap nativity figures for years and they are supplimented by a pound shop set of farm animals (and a couple of camels) I saw a cheap set this week and now I can't remember where :o The colouring I have is concentrated holly red and berry green paste. It costs a bit more but lasts much longer and you need the tiniest amount to colour the water. I may have got this lot from The Range but not 100% sure.

I've added glitter to my sandtray (red and green) and the children believe that Santa's elves have put some 'Christmas magic' into our sand tray. I've added glitter to my playdough and told them it's magic playdough which they can make anything with it. I've also been given a tub of 'Insta-snow' powder. Put a scoop of white dutsy stuff into a bowl and add water and the snow grows before your very eyes *gasp* It's actually really good stuff, you don't need an awful lot, just keep adding the water and it feels as cold as snow but won't melt like the real thing. Convinced the class that Father Christmas dropped some magic snow off to the classroom for us while we were all out to lunch one day because all our snow outside had melted. Very gullible my bunch this year :)

I've added glitter to my sandtray (red and green) and the children believe that Santa's elves have put some 'Christmas magic' into our sand tray. I've added glitter to my playdough and told them it's magic playdough which they can make anything with it. I've also been given a tub of 'Insta-snow' powder. Put a scoop of white dutsy stuff into a bowl and add water and the snow grows before your very eyes *gasp* It's actually really good stuff, you don't need an awful lot, just keep adding the water and it feels as cold as snow but won't melt like the real thing. Convinced the class that Father Christmas dropped some magic snow off to the classroom for us while we were all out to lunch one day because all our snow outside had melted. Very gullible my bunch this year :)

Hi,

You can't beat the real thing, we brought in the snow inside in the sandtrays (it's free), children loved it.

Good luck

Jayr

In one of my settings today they had flour and silver glitter in the tough spot with polar bears. Looked great and was popular! :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)