Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outings Register

sarah09

i devise my own register, so when we go out i have a similar one to the setting one,

it is isn a folder that contains permission slips and contact details of children and staff

risk assessment and insurance cert

that would do just as well, when we go out monthly to the forest we meet there and not at the setting, so dont have original one on me

we do the same although don't take copy of insurance cert.

We were advised to have insurance cert, register, contact numbers for children and Policy for Lost Child (that makes us feel really great :o ) on all outings I have these in a file in my backpack when we go out.

Big Sue

Guest jenpercy
We were advised to have insurance cert, register, contact numbers for children and Policy for Lost Child (that makes us feel really great :o ) on all outings I have these in a file in my backpack when we go out.

Big Sue

we have never taken policies, or risk assessments with us - as I say you only find out you need to do these things when someone criticises you for not d

.0o0ing them. the welfare requirements only mention register, emergency contacts and mobile. I JUST LOVe the way that they say that nothing is prescritive so that you can find your own best practice - and then penalise you for n

ot secong guessing

I worked at a nursery where a child became separated from the person responsible for her. We were at a safari park. I found the nearest park ranger person with a radio to report it. The 1st thing he asked me was for a description of what the child was wearing!

When I became the manager I changed the outings register to include a description of top and bottom clothing e.g jacket trousers/skirt. On this form we named each child, the clothes description and the adult responsible for them. We took the emergency contacts with us and all staff should have read been aware of the risks highlighted in the risk assessment. We took a copy and left a copy at the setting.

I know that perhaps the person responsible for the child should have remembered what she was wearing but she had panicked and had gone off running around trying to find the child, in such panick i doubt she would have remembered what she was wearing!!

We have to take risk assessments, EV1 & 2 forms and emergency contact info for all children. Don't know if this is our school rule or for everyone though.

One thing I do when we go out is make badges for all the children on flourescent (SP*??) paper with my mobile number and the school phone number on just in case. Gives me a little more peace of mind. Up to now (I'm touching my wooden shelves!!) I've never had a child get lost on a trip but hopefully if it ever did happen the badge would mean that we could be reunited very quickly

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)