Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

St. George

I want to talk a little about St. George with Nursery and Reception. One child has got an outfit and I thought about making buns, putting on white icing with a red cross. Does anyone know where I can find a simple story or pictures - dragon etc. Thanks

National Gallery has a picture in it by Paolo Uccello of george and the dragon. They may have a copy on their website?? I've used it with R for story telling and visual literacy activities.

Cx

Oh and there's always "the paperbag princess" for a good girl v dragon, girl wins story!!!

Our Yr1 teacher spent a day at the National Gallery on a course sponsored by one of their patrons, the subject was this painting of St George - all of the symbolism was explained St George being the personification of Good and his subjugation of evil. They were given lots of ideas for art work, she used box modeling to make dragons.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)