Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Purchase Of New Resources

We are very lucky in that we have been given soe money for new equipment for indoors and I want to start applying for grants and fundraising for outdoors. I know that every setting is obviously very personal but wondered what kind of equipment you would love to have or do have for outdoors. I really want to push for a sensory area with water feature and also wanted a bandstand to be used as an outdoor classroom although am very aware the area we live in it will be vandalised. Just wondered what other people would choose...

I don't know if it would be workable in your area but I have heard of settings doing well by involving the local community in developing outdoor areas, ie getting teenagers involved in building and maintaining the areas. This has helped to cut down on the incidences of vandalism.

Hi, sounds like a great idea to get the local community involved.

We built our own garden together with parents, local business support and volunteers. So, I would recommend a space for planting (we have raised beds). Also, make sure you get a tap! This saves us so much stress transporting water to our outdoor area.

Think also about shade and shelter.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)