Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Susan Isaacs

Can anyone recommend a book that will explain Issacs and Montessori's theories on play please. I can't seem to find much information on Issacs at all :o

HOw children learn from Montessori to Vygotsky - educational theories and approaches made easy by Linda Pound

It has loads of theorists and is set out in clear simple format it basically summaries their findings and theories. It includes SUsan Isaacs and montessori plus lots of others!

Susan Issac's 'Intellectual Growth of Young Children' was a required course book when did my NNEB in '79 which is remarkable considering it was first published in 1930 50 years previous. I still have my scribed with notes copy in the loft but I also have a 1949 edition of 'the Nursery Years' first published in 1929. The 'Some Don't for Parents Page' is interesting. :o She was a big advocate of nursery schools and their benefits and also that play was education.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)