Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Arrggggg......internet, Internet, Internet

why is everything now available 'on line' ??????training bulletins,letters,documents,leaflets...all for us to download and print off ourselves.

just opened letter from the GSCB, informing me that the new DCPO handbook is now only available on-line.......just found it (all 39 pages of it) to find that we shouldnt print it , use the 'live' version.

this is all well and good if you have internet accesss in your setting....we dont.

so, i cant print off the handbook - and if i do, i wont know if its the up to date version , as they will automatically up date it online.

but they did send a lovely full colour poster telling me the web address, cant wait to blu tack it to my dining room wall (next to my pc) to remind me !! :oxD

rant over !

I thought along those lines this morning when they said on the news there is a new and really dangerous virus, that even managed to shut down part of theIranian nuclear power station.

What on earth would we do if we had no internet? All the information we can only get onine, doesnt bare thinking about really.

Have you got links with another setting, school or CC who might allow you to print it off from there? Our local CC keeps telling us to use them more.

I thought along those lines this morning when they said on the news there is a new and really dangerous virus, that even managed to shut down part of theIranian nuclear power station.

What on earth would we do if we had no internet? All the information we can only get onine, doesnt bare thinking about really.

Have you got links with another setting, school or CC who might allow you to print it off from there? Our local CC keeps telling us to use them more.

our cc is too far away, and the school has already had its funding cut -so we are both in the same boat cash wise !

i try and put things onto a stick, but if things are automatically updated (without telling us) how are we to ensure things remain current -esp with something as important as CP ?

im just having one of those weeks i think !