Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Performance Management

Hi all, I need some advice about Performance Management. I am in Reception and was given my targets by my Head today. One of them states 'For 87.5% pupils to achieve level 7 in CLL and PSE'. I have 16 Reception children, and this would mean that 14 of them would need to achieve an average of 7 in these areas. Our children do come in slightly above average so this is probably possible. However, I strongly feel that it is not in the spirit of the EYFS to use profile points in this way. I wondered what other people thought and whether this is widely done?? I am planning to discuss it with her tomorrow!!

Thanks!

one of my pm targets is for 87% boys to get 6+ in writing scale. thats just 1 not achieving this.

I also had a train of thought that said hmmmm should i be going along with this?! but i know that other year group teachers have level targets so i'm not sure if its allowed or not?

lucie x

I dont think the EYFSP should ever be used in this way, but sometimes its ricky to get Heads to understand this. I think I would be asking where this figure of 87% is coming from, especially if this doesn't match current local data from previous years. So for example, if your PSE or writng or whatever, scores were already high (the 80s at 6+ is high), then why would your head target that area?

As Susan says, they should be negotiated with your Head, so yu should be able to set your own realitic targets.

Kathryn, your head sounds as if they dont really understand the profile if they talk of 'level' 7.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)