Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Christmas Activites With Parents

nickylear

Brilliant way to involve parents and in the past I have done making tree decorations with all sorts of natural resources such as pine cones, teasel heads with bells, ribbon, glitter and glue ( an d glue guns!!) and also making mince pies with pre made pastry from the school kitchen both have gone very well.

Lorna

I'm doing this too in a couple of weeks and although the plans are not finalised yet I think we are going to have 4 staff members each supervising an activity. The activities are making truffles (just rolling into balls into cocoa powder/hundreds and thousands/icing sugar and putting into little cases; weaving onto a willow Xmas tree shape, using sparkly wool, tinsel etc.; Reindeer food, mixing it up, making a wish, then putting it into a circle of fabric, tying and adding the poem; and possibly balloon baubles (from the little book of messy play) but I haven't tried these out yet, it's basically blow up a small balloon, dip sparkly wool into wallpaper paste, squeeze off the excess then stick to balloon, and pop balloon when dry. I would like someone manning the garden but would need to lose an activity and I can't think of anything exciting to do out there. I've invited parents in for one and a half hours which should be plenty I think. Hope this helps and it all goes well.

Hi There

Just thought I'd let you know that this event went every well, it was enjoyed by all. We made cinnamon & apple sauce ornaments. I goggled the recipe, but found that adding a little flour to the mix made the mixture less sticky. It also meant that I didn't have to spend too much money on the spice. (the recipe called for equal parts apple sauce & cinnamon) The smell in the classroom is so nice I don't want to send them home, he he.

Thanks Nicky

We invite parents or other carers/family members in to make a Christmas table decoration. Each childs key person will work the adult and child to make the decoration together, we find it really good as a "get to know your childs key person" time. We have to use a first come first served booking system as this is always very popular!

I get the oasis and some other bits and pieces from a local florist and we also use lots of holly, ribbon, candles, masses of glitter and tree baubles etc to make a lovely decoration for the table.

Feed back is always good and the photos are amazing with some parents (dads) decorating themselves last year!

Hove fun with this.

BMG

Sorry forgot to say that we do this over a least a whole week to fit everyone in.

Edited by BMG

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)