Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Kuw

I have a small table in my classroom that is the KUW area. Obviously a whole load of KUW learning takes place outside but I still like to have an area for this in the classroom. However, I feel a little stale in what I am putting out and wondered if we could all generate some KUW ideas that can be used within the classroom.

Some of the sorts of things I have had out are...

Magnets

Smelling pots

Objects frozen in ice

Discovery bottles

obscure objects to discuss

information books and autumn objects

coloured ice cubes

programmable toys

Any other ideas?

I have a small table in my classroom that is the KUW area. Obviously a whole load of KUW learning takes place outside but I still like to have an area for this in the classroom. However, I feel a little stale in what I am putting out and wondered if we could all generate some KUW ideas that can be used within the classroom.

Some of the sorts of things I have had out are...

Magnets

Smelling pots

Objects frozen in ice

Discovery bottles

obscure objects to discuss

information books and autumn objects

coloured ice cubes

programmable toys

Any other ideas?

Hi There

Well at the moment I have moved class and revamped the whole of my classroom. All items are in baskets and they go on a weekly rota so children don't get board. Some enhancements I have used are:

Blue cooked spaghetti

kinderling wood - using outside with plastic tools

food dye and water - use turkey baster to suck colours and make new ones.

I have to say all enhancements are planned from the children. I did a long case study and worked with the officials of Leauven project and we discovered that to much choice can be a bad thing as they often display low levels of involvement. So every day I ask the children what extra things they would like - They have better ideas than me sometimes . I start by saying so tomorrow in your own learning time what could we do ? I write down a plan made by them its great as you don't have to think. Someone suggested building using boxes so I went to the shoe shop got a load of boxes and they build lots of things using them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)