Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Maths......problem Solving.....

Hi Guys,

Done anyone have a list of Maths/Problem Solving activities for 2.5 - 5 year olds that I could give to staff to use in the planning? Like many other nurseries (I am sure) - PSRN seems to be the area where children/staff are not keen to explore.

Thinking if I had a list, staff will put more excitment into this area :o

Thanks

Have a look at this website - lots of nice pictures.

http://earlyyearsmaths.e2bn.org/index.php

Also, have you got a copy of Mathematical activities for the Foundation Stage - there's one for Nursery and one for Reception. Don't know if you can still get them - they came out in 2002, but they have good activities for all areas of PSRN broken into large group, small group, planned play and cooking activities. They were from Department for education and skills - pre coalition government.

Sally Featherstone's Little Book of Maths Activities is a good start. Also check out the "nrich" website, it has loads of open ended problem solving type ideas. My fav "Noah saw 12 legs walk by the ark, how many animals could he have seen..."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)