Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Weddings/anniversary Topic

Within our Celebrations topic we have a week that broadly covers weddings/anniversaries and wondered if anyone could help with any area but particularly CLL???

Hi there... I did a wedding last year and it was fab. We even took the chn down to the church where Father.........explained to the chn avbout weddings. The chn had a great time preparing lists of food they would like on their return from church, writing wedding invitations to the yr 5 & 6s who helped wakl them down. Thankyou cards to parents who contributed gifts. The list isendless. We had a top table for the bride and groom.....the chn had to write name cards as to say where guest were sitting. I took a load of photos and then we glued them into a special album....chn had a page to write in about who was who and what was happening in the photo.

Hope that helps...will look for my planning

xxx

Writing invitations, acceptances, thank you notes, present lists, guest lists. Menus, shopping lists, seating plans. design the cards and wrapping paper.

Look at stories i.e. Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty (I saw a fab rendition of sleeping beauty using home made puppets, the lady changed the eding so that Sleeping beauty's aim was to be a gardener instead of marrying a prince) 3 bears, The tiger who came to tea. Write your own stories. Ask if anyone has an old wedding dress they dont mind being used for role play. I remember seeing my wedding dress used at playgroup, it had a wonderful time. :o

Thank you for all of the ideas I am definitely more inspired now! The role play of a wedding idea is brilliant. Sadly there isn't time to organise that for this topic but will keep it for future reference!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)