Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Hfw Displays.

What is the bst way that you have found to display the HFW and tricky words in your classroom for the children?

I have mine dispalyed on monsters which the children like but now I need the lights on for a lot of the day they are reflecting the light and I am not happy that they can be profitably used. My classroom is sometimes used as a route to the outside and anything hanging tends to get knocked down. Not sure how to proceede now--what do you do?

Hi Susan, Im sure others will say differently but Id probably concentrate only on the tricky words, as other words should be decodable and therefore there is no need to provide a visual list constantly. Could they be placed then on say the back of a cupboard, maybe with velcro so that children can access them when writing?

What are out other members in year one/two doing?

Thanks for your reply, Mundia. I was feeling very neglected!

I agree about the decodable words except that there a few exceptions within letters and sounds that are decodable but not because the children have not yet learnt that phoneme!

Back of a cupboard sounds great too except that I do not have one.

i have a real tree branch in my unit with material drapping up it to llok like a tree and hang tricky words and phonemes from it and up the material tree trunk.

x

In my room with have this 'clip tree' - that the only way I can describe it really!!!! We bought it from TTS and basically it is a pole with approximately 50 'branches' each one with a clip at the end. It is a fantastic resource as it is portable and can be used in so many ways - it has been outside with numbers attached to it, it has had their names attached on it for when they first started school and they removed them and put them on the self registration board, it has been in the role play area, it has been by the front door with letters attached to it for parents and it is now my HFW resource in the writing corner, they can clip and unclip them to their hearts content! I understand TTS do them in two different sizes and I really can not remember what it cost but I think it may be listed as a 'photo tree', as I think it was originally designed to display photos - if I'm honest that's probably the only thing that hasn't been on it!!!!

Nicky

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)