Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Urgent Help

apple

Hi folks

in middle of writing a presentation for local network meeting- trying to find a quote that I used a while ago from the EYFS relating to the importance of skilled, motivated adults. I am sure it is in the document somewhere but have left mine at school and can't seem to find it on the national strategy website. Anyone any ideas?

thanks

Apple

Page 9 of Practice Guidance says

1.27 A continuoosly improving setting will have a well-qualified and experienced staff who:

- are appropriately trained, with up-to-date skills and qualifications; who are motivated and suspported to further raise their skills and qualification level to level 3 and beyond;

hope that helps

korkycat

thanks Korky... I saw that one but it is not the one I am thinking of! Can't remember what part of the document I got it from if indeed it was the curriculum which on reflection I am sure it was as I remember I quoted it to some of our staff- who need reminding of the motivation bit! I think come to think of it it could be in the outdoor learning section... off to have a look. If I hadn't replied to your post it might not have prompted me to remember so thanks anyway!

cheers

apple

Hi Apple

What a co-incidence - I've just been looking back through saved quotes regarding quality as I'm trying to find indicators of quality with regards to highly qualified staff for something I'm attempting to do.

However, this may not be what you're looking for as these quotes are from 2004 DfES, so not EYFS .. Anyway three quotes follow which although quoted in a DfES document, have their source as 'The Effective Provision of Pre-School Education (EPPE) Project'

"Research shows us that the skills and qualifications of staff are strongly linked to the developmental outcomes for children"

"Settings that have staff with higher qualifications have high quality scores and their children make more progress"

"High quality pre-schooling is related to better intellectual and social/behavioural development for children"

If not what you're looking for, I hope interesting anyway.

Sam

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)