Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ey2 And Health Declaration Confusion

Hi all you knowledgeable people!

Bit confused here...

committee complete EY2 as does the new manager..do realise the manager completes the refs section etc but surprised they do not complete the health section on the EY2. I have got copy of OFSTED health dec so do i just get her and her gp tofill out now or do i have to wait until ofsted request it? I know ofsted send the crb form to new manager to complete and return once they get the EY2

Next have seen in a few ofsted docs that staff also complete the EY2 form. I only thought it was the manager? Has this changed? ie see the checklist below

Plus on the cover of the health dec doc it says

This form is part of the suite of childcare registration forms. The forms that you need to complete will depend on the childcare that you wish to provide and if you are applying to register on the Early Years Register and/or the Childcare Register.

Please visit the how to apply pages. The pages explain which forms to complete for the childcare that you wish to provide.

This booklet must not be printed double-sided as it will be computer-scanned.

This form should be completed by:

* all applicants for registration as a childminder on the Early Years Register

* all childcare applicants who intend to work directly with children as part of the staff ratio

* the manager of the day-to-day running of the childcare provision

* other people specifically asked to complete it by Ofsted

* all applicants for registration to provide or manage social care services for children and/or young people.

I didnt think we sent this to ofsted for all staff either!

Anyway very confused....help!

Childcare_provider_on_domestic_and_non_domestic_premises___checklist.doc

Hi Marley

Having looked at your attached document I would ask your manager/gp to complete the health document (Last section of ticky boxes)

Typically these things are as clear as mud and one of those things we are assumed to have expertise on !!!

Guest jenpercy

It doesn't apply to staff members. I rang and asked. That is just for everyone at a cvhildminder's. Anyone else find that the more "guidance" OFSTED publishes, the less they understand.

We completed the Health declaration and sent it at the same time as the EY2 for myself as stand in manager and the new manager when she was stepping up. We had a luxury of time being over holidays so it seemed sensible to send them both as they were both ready. Ofsted didn't seem to get too confused by that!

Hi this is my first post and im slightly freaked out because I have just filled in my OFSTED health declaration form / CRB etc and sent it off.

I have just been appointed as the manager of a local pre-school and the deputy is taking over all managerial issues until my checks have cleared.

I have never had to fill in these forms before and now am worried as my doctor did state that I am overweight (eeek) and also I have had a history of depression and was previously on medication (this was mainly due to bereavement + postnatal depression)...does anyone think that i will be refused OFSTED clearance?

Please don't worry! My health declaration listed about 8 things wrong with me and that included periods of depression when I was younger but still quite severe. I was asked to complete a second form which was sent to my GP and then returned to Ofsted for further checking but I was passed. It is helpful if you have a good relationship with your GP as I do because I was able to explain how none of my illnesses had a negative impact on my role. However if you can argue this strongly I wouldn't worry. Let us know how you get on but don't be surprised I you get a second form seeking more details.

Please don't worry! My health declaration listed about 8 things wrong with me and that included periods of depression when I was younger but still quite severe. I was asked to complete a second form which was sent to my GP and then returned to Ofsted for further checking but I was passed. It is helpful if you have a good relationship with your GP as I do because I was able to explain how none of my illnesses had a negative impact on my role. However if you can argue this strongly I wouldn't worry. Let us know how you get on but don't be surprised I you get a second form seeking more details.

Thankyou for the reply, its mainly depression and he listed my weight as an ongoing issue but basically that it is being dealt with! I am no longer on any medication for depression so hopefully that will look as a positive but a few years ago i did have about 2 months off work because of it. Hopefully it will be ok :o I am just panicking because i have never had to fill in those forms before (always worked in mainstream primary education)!

Welcome to the Forum, 16queen and congratulations on making your first post!

I wouldn't say Ofsted would be particularly worried about either of these issues, unless either of them mean you are unable to work effectively. If you've been working in an educational establishment up until now it doesn't sound as if that's the case.

I think maybe you're suffering from an extreme case of 'form neurosis' which is fairly normal where anything connected with Ofsted is concerned! :o

Good luck with the new job!

Welcome to the Forum, 16queen and congratulations on making your first post!

I wouldn't say Ofsted would be particularly worried about either of these issues, unless either of them mean you are unable to work effectively. If you've been working in an educational establishment up until now it doesn't sound as if that's the case.

I think maybe you're suffering from an extreme case of 'form neurosis' which is fairly normal where anything connected with Ofsted is concerned! :o

Good luck with the new job!

I havent worked for 5 years, this was my first application for a long time!