Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Yr1 Continuous Provision

Hi to all yr1 teachers who are working with continuous provision. I am helping my yr1 teacher set up provision and would like to see new photos of what they have set up. We have a small classroom and a very small area just outside in a shared area (it is sectioned off) If anyone could help I would be very grateful! Thanks!

Anj

I was part of a research project that looked at providing play in Year 1 classrooms. I had all the same areas that you would expect in a Reception classroom. One of the things we did notice was that the Year 1 children did less role play indoors than Reception and they used small world more instead, so if you're limited to space that could be something to think about.

Our research was with Julie Fisher and she wrote it all up into a practical book. It is called 'Moving on to Key stage 1'

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Moving-Key-Stage-T...6775&sr=1-1

We looked carefully at the areas of the curriculum that couldn't be learnt through play - phonics, place value, mainly skills based objectives although they could be consolidated in play. This then focussed us on the adult focus areas. The project was researched over a couple of years so we spent quite a lot of time getting to grips with the differing needs of Y1 children.

Not sure i've been much help, but just ask if you have any other questions.

I was part of a research project that looked at providing play in Year 1 classrooms. I had all the same areas that you would expect in a Reception classroom. One of the things we did notice was that the Year 1 children did less role play indoors than Reception and they used small world more instead, so if you're limited to space that could be something to think about.

Our research was with Julie Fisher and she wrote it all up into a practical book. It is called 'Moving on to Key stage 1'

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Moving-Key-Stage-T...6775&sr=1-1

We looked carefully at the areas of the curriculum that couldn't be learnt through play - phonics, place value, mainly skills based objectives although they could be consolidated in play. This then focussed us on the adult focus areas. The project was researched over a couple of years so we spent quite a lot of time getting to grips with the differing needs of Y1 children.

Not sure i've been much help, but just ask if you have any other questions.

Thanks for that I will have a look at the book. May be back with more questions!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)