Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

My Research Study

Hi guys,

I have been starring at my laptop for some time now thinking of how to start my research study, i have been researching mark making in the early years and the gender gap on boys and girls mark making. I have done numerous observations on the children in my setting and carried out questionnaires on the staff and short interviews on other early years proffessionals. But just don't quite how how to start off my asignment writting. Has anyone or is anyone currently doing there route specific study on the foundation degree who can give me any tips, to kick start my fingertips clicking on the key board. I have gathered afew research studies on my study but dont think i have enough to give a good critical analysis and conclusion.

I would be very grateful if anyone could help m :o e.

Thank you xD

Beckyboo10

From memory I started by writing my literature review so I could get a flavour of what current thinking was.

In order to decide what to include and what to keep in reserve on one side, I listed each journal, book or article I read and briefly summarised each. Once I'd got all that down on paper it was a lot easier for me to see which direction to take my research off into, and identify what I needed to do next.

Good luck - its an interesting area to research, I think.

Maz

Thanks Maz,

I will start by doing that., thank you. I have them all here infront of me, but like other things it just looks like a big pile of paper. Very lazy of me to think like that. I have read so much but cant seem to pin point on the direction of the information and each one is very different in opinions. But i will plod on and get things organised!!

Beckyboo10

I also did my lit review first..... this gives a base to work from I think and knowledge on how the literature available fits in with your thinking or your findings!!! Or maybe how it doesn't illustrate what you have found?

Good Luck!

We just had our marks back from that double module and I was really pleased with the result.

I would start by getting some Hornbeam Bach flower remedy! It really helps you focus and get motivated!

Good luck

oh, ill google it now and get some! REALLY NEED TO GET MOTIVATED!

Thanks Hello Kitty

Beckyboo10 :o

Ooh I could do with some of that then. Do they do it in bulk?

Hi Maz,

Just googled the Hornbeam Bach remedy they sell it in Holland and Barretts for £6.49 for a 20ml bottle or its buy 2 for £9.74. Just nipping to the shop!!! ha ha :o

Beckyboo10

Hi,

Hunting for a theorist who has looked into mark making in the early years, also between the gender gaps in the mark making. Can anyone help. Got the usual vygotsky, piaget etc but need a specific theorist for my assignment.

Thank You

Beckyboo10

I'm not sure if this will help for a 'theorist' but I've just found this on the Derby website. At first glance it is really useful and has a good list of references at the back which, if you look them up on google books, you should be able to identify some original thinkers on the subject.

I used the quote marks around 'theorist' because at uni we often debated what the definition of a theorist was, especially in the light of the plethora of books written about early years which build on the works of Piaget, Vygotsky etc. At what point does someone become a theorist rather than someone who analyses and develops the theories of others? :o

Anyway, hope you find the document useful!

Maz

Happy Maz-At what point does someone become a theorist rather than someone who analyses and develops the theories of others? :o

Thanks for that Maz,

That is very true about theorists, they all seem to link in with each other, taking one idea into another! Will print your link out and have a good read.

Thanks again

Beckyboo10

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)